Planet of the Apes is just stunning. NetEnt have really come up trumps, with Apes likely to be my favourite slot of 2017.
|Name:||Planet of the Apes Slot|
|Game Type:||Video slot|
|Whats hot:||Whats not so hot:|
|Compelling Game Play||Low Rollers Might be Out of Change!|
|Absolutely Stunning Affects|
|Six Bonus Feature Rounds|
|OCR's Slot of 2017!|
Where to play?
Planet of the Apes Slot Machine Review
The Planet of the Apes Slot is a slot machine developed by those Swedish Geniuses at NetEnt and is based on the popular movies. With both Dawn of The Planet of the Apes and Rise of the Planet Apes being tied in with the slot.
Ok so where do I start? First off this slot has to be one of the best slots I have played online and is certainly up there with the best slot products NetEnt have delivered.
Released in September 2017, Planet of the Apes Slot Machine is getting plaudits from the player forums such as Casinomeister.
So what is ‘Apes’ all about then? Well for those of you like me who are old enough to remember the Planet of the Apes TV Show, it spawned in 2011 and 2014 two commercially successful movies in the form of Dawn and Rise of The Planet of the Apes. This is what this slot from NetEnt is based on.
When loading the slot and indeed this page, you are shown a spectacular introduction which features footage from both of the movies. Well worth watching the first time, but you are able to skip the intro if you so wish.
Planet of the Apes Gameplay
Crikey, where on earth do I start? This is not just your bog standard run of the mill slot machine. No, NetEnt have put a lot of work and obviously money in making the most of their license tie in with the studio behind the movies.
This is a 40 payline slot, which is played out over 10 reels. With the left hand side and first 5 reels being dedicated to Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The final 5 reels on the right hand side being dedicated to the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
Confused? Well you will be, as it takes a few minutes to get to grips with how the slot plays, but this is the bonus of use having it to play for free right here on OCR.
From playing ‘Apes’ I would say the slot is fairly ‘volatile’ with a variance somewhere between medium and high. But this in my view makes it much more fun to play. As some hefty size wins are there to play for. However, if you are a low roller, be careful as this slot can and does have the potential to eat happily away at your bank roll.
The way the slot plays, from the spinning of the reels, sound effects and atmospherics are literally quite a joy to behold. In short, Planet of the Apes Slot Machine does more than enough to keep you interested.
You’ll be pleased to know that stacked wilds occur both in standard play and the bonus feature rounds. Talking about bonus features which can be triggered, there are a total of six which can be hit. More info on them, right down below.
So in essence when you play the slot, you are in all intents and purposes playing two slot games within the one game. The left hand side being Rise, with the right hand side being Dawn. Both sets of five reels offer their own bonus feature rounds which are:
- Rise Bonus Feature – When the Rise Symbol appears on the first reel then the Rise Bonus Feature is triggered. This feature offers additional coin wins whenever an human or ape symbol appears on the Rise Reels. Any amount won is added to the bet line win achieved when this feature is in play.
- Dawn Bonus Feature – This is triggered and activated when the Dawn Bonus symbol lands on the last reel. The Dawn Bonus merges the ape and human symbols into the same symbol. You can win a massive amount over 1000x your bet stake in this feature.
- Stacked Wild Feature – Now this is a neat feature and is very easy to understand, I hope! Basically if a stacked wild appears anywhere on the Rise Reels, then it is duplicated in the same position on the Dawn Reels.
- Rise Free Spins – Hit three scatters in the Rise area of the slot and you are awarded 10 free spins. Any wild symbols hit during the free spins are collected, with the total number of wilds randomly placed in the play area on your tenth and final free spin.
- Dawn Free Spins – Hit three scatters in the Dawn area and you are subsequently awarded a total of 15 free spins. Similar to the Gladiator Slot bonus round, you collect symbols, featuring multipliers, wilds and extra free spins. The bonus round commences when the meter is full.
- Dual Feature – Before each spin there is the chance the Dual Feature could be triggered. Basically this is a random feature that NetEnt have incorporated into the Planet of the Apes Slot Machine. Other slots that have a random bonus round, include the likes of Hellboy and Immortal Romance with Wild Vine.
Summing Up Planet of the Apes Slot Machine
I don’t think this review of the Planet of the Apes Slot Machine does it justice to be honest, frankly this is one stunning and compelling slot machine and NetEnt have really pulled this one out of the bag.
I feel I will be playing this slot for a long time to come. Above, are those recommended casinos which feature Planet of the Apes. But if you want to play ‘Apes’ for real money, check out our review of Guts Casino as they are a really solid outfit.
- Editor Rating
- Planet of the Apes Slot Machine
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: